The Administration Officer will be responsible for the provision of administrative support services to Youth Link: NI staff and will work as part of a team of staff and volunteers. .
- General administrative duties to include preparation of papers and correspondence, word processing, spreadsheets, development and maintenance of filing systems and provision of general clerical assistance.
- Assist with arrangement of meetings, minute internal meetings, prepare and circulate papers as required.
- Assist with maintenance of databases and other records.
- Purchase of general supplies (groceries etc.).
- Purchase of materials for youth workers.
- Ordering of office stationery supplies.
- Assist with other financial matters as required.
- Answer and transfer telephone calls.
- Handle telephone enquiries.
- Meet and greet visitors.
- Provision of hospitality for visitors and meetings.
- Post recording in/out of mail.
- Accept deliveries and store adequately.
- Work with other staff in the development of Youth Link social media channels and assist with preparation of articles for the website and update the website as and when required.
- Assist with co-ordination and promotion of events.
- Preparation of flyers, posters and social media posts for recruitment for youth projects and training courses.
- Work with others in the preparation and circulation of the e-newsletter.
- Assist in providing basic IT solutions to user problems, act as Administrator and liaise with IT support provider.
- Help in the development of a new communication strategy for Youth Link.
- Assist with building/office management.
- General maintenance.
- Maintenance of training resources and equipment loans.
- Maintenance of office equipment.
- Any other duties as required, commensurate with the grade of the post.
Skills and Qualifications
- All training will be provided on the job.
- Reception experience – answering calls and greeting guests.
- Administration experience – Microsoft Word and Excel.
- Previous experience in the areas listed on the job description.
- Applicants can finish half an hour early on a Friday to make the post 37 hours rather than 37.5 hours.
The Employer is: YOUTH LINK: NI Although this is a full-time temporary opportunity, hours may be extended and it could lead to a permanent position. The job advert may end before the closing date if requested by the employer. 16/17yrs £5.28, 18/20yrs £7.49, 21/22yrs £10.18, 23/24yrs £10.42 per hour
JOBSTART IS OPEN TO 16-24 YEAR OLDS. If you are on UC contact your Work Coach via your Journal. If you are in receipt of JSA, IS or ESA phone a Work Coach on 0300 200 7807. If you are 16-24 years old, unemployed, not in education or training and not in receipt of benefits phone 028 90726788.